Sunday 22 April 2007

March has been and gone-
I had a great few days on the road with Karen Chalk- gigging in Brighton and Bournemouth. We drove through brilliant sunshine, rain, hail and snow all in the space of a few hours, managed to hook up with some other excellent artists and interesting folk on the way and indulged ourselves in cream teas in the oh so fine town of Chichester (not very rock n roll I know but very delicious!) Bournemouth was a particularly fun evening dedicated to female singer songwriters run by the Solid Air promoters- There was real variety in the line up including a snazzy harmonica player called Si who I got up to jam with us in our final song Find Me- he was excellent and I must admit to feeling a little disappointed when I had to return to my own harmonica playing for that song in my next gig!- The Green Note in London was packed- great venue and a great atmosphere that night- I was particularly impressed with the guitar skills of Canadian born Damien Etherington who was on after me that night...

April-
Radio sessions on BBC Wales where I managed not to say anything too ridiculous live on air and got to play 4 songs... Easter was very relaxing and then I spent the following weeks helping Bill paint a 160foot Mural in a primary school- arms and back have been aching ever since as we were painting from 8-5 each day- it's looking good though...
The Zac's Place benefit gig this Friday went well- It was really nice to have Bill back on stage with me and we also got to play some songs from his new album Scratch The Sky... Speaking of which we are expecting that to be with us as of tomorrow- very exciting... Bill's website is still under construction but in the meantime you can check out his myspace- www.myspace.com/sirsilenceandthehush

Off to London to play at the Perseverance on the 24th and Birmingham to play the Sunday Sessions this week... and then will be in the Studio over May- at present I am wrestling over which songs to work on as I have a big back catalogue as well as some new material and of course I just want to work on them all!

No comments: